The purchase of this listing provides you with a Gift Certificate, which we will mail to you to give as a gift so your lucky recipient can then book private time in our Knife Shop to design and build his or her own chef's knife, under the private tutelage of Master Cutler, Scott Richter. YOU CAN EVEN USE IT FOR YOURSELF! We will contact you for possible dates after purchase - does not expire.
Makes a great gift for that knife lover or Chef in your life!
- The time frame for this experience is 3-5 hours depending upon your skill range and comfort with tools. Again, this experience is open to all levels of skill - from the curious beginner to the seasoned craftsman.
- We have two options for knife blanks and a huge variety of knife handle materials. We will discuss the design for your kitchen knife and look at the various options for handles and knife blanks.
- Select and shape the wood for your handle. After shaping it, we will go through the process of attaching, polishing and finishing your knife.
- During an approximate 30 minute down time as the adhesive sets on the knife, we will go over sharpening and maintenance for your knife.
- You will then get to go home with a razor sharp chef's knife that you created.
Other things to note:
This is a beginners class. You do not need to be a pro at all. But we welcome pros as well - all levels.
Ilanna - 9/21 - The knife making class was amazing!! Surprised my mom with this as a early birthday present and she truly enjoyed herself! Great company and great atmosphere and she made an awesome knife!!!
Renee - 8/21 - My daughter and I received this experience as a gift from my wife since we are both avid chefs and love everything related to cooking. Making our own knife from picking out and carving the handle, to the assembly and finished product this was an amazing experience we will always cherish. In fact we want to come back and make the other style knife! Thank you Minter for creating such a unique experience. We can't wait to use out knew knives.
Dan - 5/21 - This experience was so much fun. Scott is so personable and meticulous that you will come away with a beautiful knife and a grand experience to reminisce about.
Maddy - 5/21 - This was an AMAZING experience. Scott was so much fun and helpful. We were expecting this to be a cool experience but it was seriously out of this world. We are so happy with the knives we brought home and as soon as we left we instantly wanted to take another class with Scott. This experience is so unique and SO worth it
Tami - 5/21 - What a wonderful experience. It was a mystery day for my husbands birthday, he had no idea of our adventure. We totally enjoyed every aspect of our experience, and absolutely love our beautiful new knives!
Alessandra - 4/21 - Scott was a light to work with. I learned so much about the workshop, craftsmanship and listening to some good jams along the way!
Ashley - 1/21 - I got this Chef's Knife Making experience as a Christmas gift for my boyfriend and he had a great time! He's a creative person who likes to work and build with his hands, so this felt like a unique and good fit for him. He had a great experience working with the instructor, enjoyed looking around the workshop, and learning all the steps for building his own custom chef's knife. He came home with a gorgeous knife that we now use everyday!
Jeffrey - 7/19 - This experience was a lot of fun, and resulted in a satisfyingly personalized knife. Getting to use the full featured shop and learn from an experienced expert made the time more informative and constructive of a time for a knife lover than I would have been able to get anywhere else.