Wood, Stone and Other Inlay Material to Personalize Your Ring
While we have a massive collection of stabilized woods, reconstituted stones and other amazing materials for you to choose from, sometimes the beauty of a ring comes not only from the appearance of the material, but also from the specific material itself. Incorporating your own personal stone, object or wood can add even more meaning, depth and symbolism to your wedding rings.
Below are just a few of the wondrous and fun personal objects we have used to inlay wedding rings for couples.
- Hikers have sent us pieces of stone from the Appalachian and Pacific Crest Trails
- Couples have sent us wood from the tree they first kissed under
- Soldiers have sent us stones and dirt from battles they have fought
- Nascar fans have sent us pieces of asphalt from various speedways
- Couples have sent us sand from the beach they will be married on
- Mourning families have sent us ashes from their loved ones for memorial rings. Pet ashes as well.
And the list goes on, which is part of what makes our job so fun.
For Personal Wood Inlay
To add personal wood inlay to your ring, select any of the inlay options in the Personalization step of the ring purchase process as a placeholder, and then let us know in the Notes field that you are interested in adding a personal wood inlay. We’ll contact you to discuss.
Personal Wood stabilization is $100 and typically adds approximately 2 months to the order processing time. All wood must meet the below criteria:
- Must be a hardwood. Softwoods (such as pine, Cedar, Cypress, Fir, etc) are not stable enough to use as an inlay.
- The piece of wood you send to us must be at least 2 ½” x 2 ½” x 4”.
- The wood must be as dry as possible. If the wood is too damp, it will add significantly to the stabilizing time.
Wood should be enclosed with a copy of your order invoice when we receive it.
Unless requested, all leftover wood is kept in a file under your name in case you ever lose your ring, so that we can re-make it for you.
For Sand, Stone & Other Material Inlays
To add sand, stone or other material inlays to your ring, select any of the inlay options in the Personalization step of the ring purchase process as a placeholder, and then let us know in the Notes field that you are interested in adding a personal sand, stone, or other material inlay. We’ll contact you to discuss.
Please send your non-wood material in a sealed bag or container that is clearly labeled with your name.
We only need approximately 2 tablespoons of material. Unless requested, all leftover materials are kept in a file under your name in case you ever lose your ring, so that we can re-make it for you. However, all leftover human ash is returned to customer, in the case of memorial rings.
Include your order invoice when shipping any personal material to us.